1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need some advice...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by freebeer, Oct 30, 2005.

1. I use a Thunderfunk as my main head and I have an SVTIII Pro as my backup. THe SVTIII just went down for the second time. THe first time the transformer blew up on it but this is how I bought it, so who knows if the guy was doing something crazy with it to smoke it. Got that fixed. Now I fried it pretty hard by plugging it into an outlet at a gig I dig not check with a tester first and the thing literally blew up. The repair guy tells me I am looking at $200 just to 'hopefully' get it working again, maybe more. Is it worth it to drop that money into the older style SVTIII Pro since it's just a backup or should I just get a different backup head (I was thinking a GK 800 or 1001, another SVTIII, etc.)?

On a side note, I did like the SVTIII but I am just concerned about dropping more money into a head that may never be as good as new again. THoughts?

2. interesting situation. Personally I don't like to let things nickle and dime. You could sell it, before or after the repair.... depending on where you think you can get more $$ outta it. I just have to say that you need to tell the buy the situation.... not just say "sold as is" Honesty is key.

I dont know whast wrong with it, I'm not an electrically informed guy.... take it for a second oppinion maybe?