Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need some Avatar help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fralim01, Mar 12, 2005.

1. I had disconnected the crossover wiring on my Avatar 2x12 to use it with my GK 1001RB-II bi-amping feature. Now I need to put it back together. Could someone take a picture of the back of their Avatar jack plate for me? Or maybe a wiring diagram?

Thanks! :bassist:

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    did you email Dave? He's always been quick to reply any time I've emailed him.

3. I didnt want to bother him quite yet :)

Anybody?

4. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Here's one from the pre-Speakon era...

5. dave said he couldnt help me...anybody else?

Thanks BillyB, but I cant see what is going to what :help:

6. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    Search previous threads about installing a true crossover. The single capacitor stock setup offers virtually no protection for the tweeter and the sound can be vastly improved upon with the installation of a real 4th order crossover. No offense intended towards Dave, but he really should be ashamed for using what he does in there.

7. Would this work, Bill?

Parts Express 3.5 kHz 2nd order crossover:

Link

8. Fralim01,
    You have email on the crossover at parts express

Also, for you others who want to make a 4th order linkwitz for the Avatar

http://www.fenderforum.com/userphotos/index.html?recid=16927
    (NOTE: KIMBERKAPS MAY BE SUBSTITUTED WITH DAYTON CAP AT A SUBSTANTALLY REDUCED COST FROM PARTS EXPRESS AND THE 0.24mh INDUCTOR WITH A 0.22mh 18AWG)

Anyone requiring info may email or ask here
    gary-ats@sbcglobal.net

9. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    OK...the capacitor (the yellow thing) connects between the terminal that connects to the tip of the input plug and the terminal of the L-pad (tweeter level control). The other side of the L-Pad connects to the negative side (sleeve) of the input jack.

The tweeter connects between the middle terminal of the L-Pad and the negative side (the one with no capacitor connection).

The woofers just connect across the input jack (+ to tip, - to sleeve).

Hopefully that's clear as mud :D