Need Some GK Amp and Cab Advice...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DMA, Mar 15, 2004.

1. DMA

Feb 4, 2004
    Hey everyone, I've never posted on here but I've been looking around for a while now, anyway... I've got a Gallien-Krueger 1001rb 210 combo. I really like the combo setup and the portability that it offers but it doesn't seem to have the output that I need or at least the clarity that I'm looking for at the volumes I play at. I'm going to add either the 1x15 GK RBH cab or the 4x10 RBH cab, the problem is deciding which to go with. Any opinions or advice is appreciated, but changing out the whole rig is not really an option for me right now. Also, I play original rock music bordering on metal with some very limited use of a low B string but not enough for me to really change my setup based around those low frequencies. I have searched extensively, so unless I've just missed something obvious I've exhausted that option. Thanks for everyone's help.

2. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Well it depends on what you're wanting. Do you want a fuller, boomier sound with broade range, or do you want the same range and sound you got now, but just louder? For more depth add the 115, for louder sound, add the 410. Either way, you can't lose.

3. 95JettaCity

Feb 13, 2004
    Las Vegas
    I am currently running my GK 2000RB through both the RBH410 and RBH115. I guess you could say I'm a big fan of GK! But anyways, I have recently been playing through one or the other, just to try some things out. My opinion on the subject would be that the 115 does not hit as hard as I would like, as in punchy hitting. Whereas the 410 feels like it's going to put my heart right out my back. But from what it sounds like, you want a continuous, low sound to mix with the rock. For that I suggest the 115. It can play the lowest of lows and has the high end clarity of the best 1x15's out there. But the choice is up to you. If you're really picky about it, just try them out at a local music store. It's the best way to find what you're looking for. I hope this helps!

4. DMA

Feb 4, 2004
    That really did help me you guys, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get the 410. I like the punch more than huge bottom end. I had a feeling that was the way it gonna be. Now just to get a better bass...

Thanks alot,