Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need some guidence on an Effects Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by NDbassist, Apr 19, 2005.

1. NDbassist

NDbassist

Apr 17, 2005
    I play Indie/Jazz/Rock, and i only have about a 100 dollar budget to spend on an effects pedal.... what do you guys suggest i buy? (preferably ebay...) My amp is a Bassman 400 Head, and the matching 4x10 Cab. Also ordered the 1x15 350 watt matching cab... Any input would be greatly appreciated!

2. Methinks a nice octave pedal would sound nice in your style, if you get kind of funky or bluesy at all check out an envelope filter such as a Q-Tron, which I think would be the nicest envelope filter for under 100 (used on the bay of course). You may like a fuzz pedal also, perhaps a Big Muff. Tough to tell without knowing what sort of effect you're going for, there are tons: compressors, envelope filters, auto wahs, wahs, distortion, fuzz, overdrive, eq, delay, chorus, ring mods, and the list goes on and on.

3. NDbassist

NDbassist

Apr 17, 2005
    Pretty much anything that makes the bass sound...well...cool. I got my eq all set, got a compressor on my head, would like a wah and delay and that sort of stuff. An effects processor with many different effects is what i am looking for....

4. Mmmmmmm.... probably not for a hundred bucks. Boss makes a multiFX pedal for bass. Maybe you could find one used?

5. gilbert46

gilbert46

Sep 21, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    have you looked at multi pedals like zoom and digitech. the effects might not be pro, but you can have usable effects on the cheap, and then buy the nicer versions of the sounds u like.