Need some Guitar Cab help - Randall - for a friend :-)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Sanctum, Dec 17, 2002.

1. Ok, if anyone is familiar with Randall cabs (specifically the Warhead 4x12), here is a question:

so my guitarist is loading this thing last gig, and there is a rattle inside. tonight i remind him to check it out, so we pulled the back plate off. Seems a fairly large part fell off of it! It looks almost like a power transformer - wire wrapped around a cylindrical object - but of course the cab is not powered. It attaches to the input plate near the "hi pass" input. There are also two full range inputs. We stared at it and kind of know how it goes back on, but have no idea what the thing is.

The cab has been working. He says he needs this, as he uses the "hi pass" input. I asked him why not use the full range inputs - he doesnt' know. "Someone told me to use this one."

Basically he's clueless, doenst own a computer, I searched all over the net ..... and here I am.

any help or thougths would be appreicated.

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Sounds like maybe the crossover?
  3. I was thinking something like that. This cab is supposed to be paired with a 2x15 Warhead cab ... so I'm thinking the Hi-pass input would be used to allow more highs into this cab ... and I bet the 2x15 cab has a "low pass input" on it. So in my mind, using only this cab, he should be using the full range input anyhow.

But ... I could be very wrong :) Glad I'm a bass player.