Need some help for my friend

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bardolph, Dec 8, 2003.

1. Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    My friend is getting a bass and an amp to play in a rock band. I showed him the essex basses and he'll likely be buying an essex J bass, but he still needs an amp. He said it will be him, a guitarist, a drummer, and a singer and it will be fairly loud rock. Looking around the web we came across the behringer BX3000T 300 watt head and an avatar CB112 500 watt cabinet. Would this be a pretty loud setup considering it would only be driving 1 12 inch speaker? Is there a more efficient and cheap setup?
  2. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    a combination of tens (210) will be louder but probably not quite as deep as the 112... a 410 would probably be just as deep if not deeper and louder to boot. it depends on how loud the drummer and guitarist are. ;)
  3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    I think the Avatar B210 with Delta 10s would be more efficient than the CB112 with a Delta 12LF...IIRC, the LFs are a little less efficient.

Two 10s will have more cone area (basically equivalent to 1x15).

Depending on the budget and the back, a 4x10 might make a better choice...or a 2x10 and a 1x15.

If he has a choice in cabinet impedances, go with 8 ohms so that he could possibly add another cabinet later. The Behringer can only go down to 4 ohms.