Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

need some help for Tony Hawk 2 on N64

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by xcental34x, Nov 26, 2004.

1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I'm on the Philidelphia level, and I have all the others goals done, except bluntsiding the Awning. Using the double moon physics cheat, I jump on top of it, and bluntslide it from there or ollie directly from the kicker to the awning, going both ways, yet I'm still getting nothing. Not even "Grind Awning" sign. What am I doing wrong?

2. Easy Answer: Don't use cheats. ;)

The game won't count any goals attained while using cheats. At least, that's how the PSX and PS2 versions are. Try no cheats and see if you get better results.

3. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    No, I've passed all the goals with cheats, so thats not it. And plus its impossible to make that olly without the boost.

4. JTbass

JTbass

Jul 2, 2004
    Asutin TX
    isnt it a one footed bluntslide or something. im not sure its been a long time.

(edit) you can make it withought cheats
    (edit) maybe your character's stats arent good enough to make it?

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    here ya go buddy........turn off the moon physics cheat first, you don't need it for this. it actually makes it harder.

come from the right or left side of the awning, do a boneless off the kicker/concrete bench. hold the grind till you go all the way around the corner if you start on the right. if you come from the left, just go all the across the front of it.

these directions are straight from my 15 year old son, who has completed every TH game in it's entirety cheat free......no lie.

now you can send me that bass. :)

-Mike

6. Just hit the awning early and keep grinding till way after you get the gap. It might be overkill but it's guaranteed to work. I'm gotten every gap in the game (except 2 in skate heaven, but those don't count towards officer Dick anyways) and 150,000 with every character. I haven't touched that game in a year but I regularly played it for a long time. Great game.

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA

it doesn't matter dude....you get Private Carrera for getting all the gaps.

-Mike

8. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    AH! I CANNOT #&^$ OLLY UP THERE! I'm playing with Tony Hawk, who it turns out, sucks ass, at ollying. So it appears if I want to make it through this damn career mode, I have to start all over and find someone who does have good olly stats. $(*&@#

~Patrick

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    no dude.....do a boneless off that concrete circle bench thingy.....

-Mike