Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need some help from the UK!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jon R, Apr 25, 2002.

1. So the Trace Elliot saga continues...

Can anyone (maybe from the UK?) help me locate a good used Trace Elliot V-4, V-6, or V-8? I'm still in love with Trace and I prefer all valve to hybrid or solid state...

FWIW... I prefer redheads to blonds too. :D

2. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    The bass centre might have some not sure thought.
    They have stores in manchester (0161 834 2636), birmingham (0121 212 4954) and london (020 7265 1567)
    They also have a web site www.basscentre.com
    Hope this helps

3. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    I have only seen two for sale (a V4 and a V6) in two years. I bought the V4. The V6 was going a while back for £400 which is $600 (approx).

You have two problems buying from UK, one is the shipping, they are very heavy and two is finding a dealer with one who will ship to USA.

A long shot is if you ever come over here to search the private ads and take it back with you.

4. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I was just thinking - another problem you may have is voltage rating. I don't know if it is factory set on the valve models or if it is user switchable. Mine is the SS model - I can't remember seeing a voltage option on the back panel.

5. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    Johnny has a point mines not at home, I try to have a look sunday.

anyway try these dealers periodically

http://www.thebassgallery.com Martin Petersen is the man I've bought loads of stuff (3) from him

http://www.soundsgreatmusic.com bought a pedal mail order from Rick, mate bought a Budwah and a Mim Jazz from them, excellent service.

6. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I was in Sound Control in Glasgow on Sunday. They have a V Type 300 head for about £599 I think! That;s the only V type Trace head I've seen in a long time!