Need some help from the UK!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jon R, Apr 25, 2002.

1. So the Trace Elliot saga continues...

Can anyone (maybe from the UK?) help me locate a good used Trace Elliot V-4, V-6, or V-8? I'm still in love with Trace and I prefer all valve to hybrid or solid state...

FWIW... I prefer redheads to blonds too. :D
  2. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    The bass centre might have some not sure thought.
    They have stores in manchester (0161 834 2636), birmingham (0121 212 4954) and london (020 7265 1567)
    They also have a web site
    Hope this helps
  3. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    I have only seen two for sale (a V4 and a V6) in two years. I bought the V4. The V6 was going a while back for £400 which is $600 (approx).

You have two problems buying from UK, one is the shipping, they are very heavy and two is finding a dealer with one who will ship to USA.

A long shot is if you ever come over here to search the private ads and take it back with you.
  4. I was just thinking - another problem you may have is voltage rating. I don't know if it is factory set on the valve models or if it is user switchable. Mine is the SS model - I can't remember seeing a voltage option on the back panel.
  5. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    Johnny has a point mines not at home, I try to have a look sunday.

anyway try these dealers periodically Martin Petersen is the man I've bought loads of stuff (3) from him bought a pedal mail order from Rick, mate bought a Budwah and a Mim Jazz from them, excellent service.
  6. I was in Sound Control in Glasgow on Sunday. They have a V Type 300 head for about £599 I think! That;s the only V type Trace head I've seen in a long time!