Need some help here . . .

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by i_got_a_mohawk, Jan 1, 2006.

1. My band is going nowhere, and, well, im trying to get out of it, but i dont know how to go about telling my guitarist and drummer, we're basically best friends, me and the guitarist have known each other since we were 3 ffs :rolleyes:

Thing is, they both seem to think its going to be great and this and that, but, its just not the kind of music im "feeling" if you know what i mean, and we havent had a practice or anything since september

I dont see any easy way out of this . . . the downfall of starting bands with close friends :help:
  2. You haven't had a practice since September? How can you quite something that you are really not doing.

I wouldn't say anything, just look for something else. Obviously you have the time. Next time you talk to them tell them you are going to look for something else to keep yourself busy. If they think that you are ditching them, maybe they will come around and get serious. Besides, there is nothing wrong with having more than one project or band going at the same time if time permits.
  3. Tingly

Jul 16, 2005
    Yonkers, NY
    ^ what he said.
  4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  5. Hey Mohawk... I had the exact same experience as you, and found some new people to jam with(actually, the same drummer, and juat a new guitarist), and realized just how much I was missing...

Our band was pretty established, too.... as in, we used to get frequent gigs, and had some fans......but the music never got me excited... a matter of fact, at one gig, some friends said I was paying more attention what was on the TV(sports bar) :eek: ......

...if you guys truly have different taste, no band "meetings" will ever help.....

Just be honest with them, and start looking around for new musicians to play with.... you might find something really worthwhile....
  6. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND