1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need some help ID'ing an old guitar

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by K-Funk, Mar 18, 2009.

1. K-Funk

K-Funk

Sep 24, 2007
    Auburn Hills, MI
    I'm pretty sure this fits in this forum.....

I just bought an old guitar of mine back from a former bandmate. It's been gone for about two years now, and I'm really glad to have it back; I went out with my friends and bought it instead of going to prom in my junior year of high school :p

Anyhoo... I've got a lot of info on it already, but no specific model or specs. It's an Aria Diamond Series from Japan, and is nearly an exact replica of a Gibson ES-135 archtop with a sunburst finish. The back and sides are black, as is the back of the neck. Rosewood fingerboard; white binding on the body, neck and headstock; black pickguard; v/v/t/t controls; a pickup switch above the neck; and gold-colored pickups. No tremolo. When I bought it, the tag on the guitar said it was from the early 1960's.

I'll get some pics up tomorrow, but if anyone can point me in the right direction with just my written description, that'd be great! Thanks!

2. what more would you like to know?

3. K-Funk

K-Funk

Sep 24, 2007
    Auburn Hills, MI
    If there's a specific model number or name for it, what years they were produced, general opinion of the quality of this era, etc.

After looking at Aria instruments online from the early 60's, and inspecting the guitar myself, I'm pretty sure the body and neck are entirely maple.