1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need some help trying to make this...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by isher1992, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Hi, guys. I've got some jacks lying around and could use some advice on what to do here, because Google is yielding unsatisfying results.

I'm trying to fab up a signal splitter that can take an unbalanced mono signal and split it two ways that are also mono unbalanced outputs (as even as possible). I have 3 mono jacks and three stereo jacks and an enclosure. I'm hoping to just make a passive splitter. Any advice or wiring diagrams to show me what to do would help greatly. I just want a basic little splitter box that takes my effects chain and splits off to a separate board, and to a DI box. I can draw it up if needed.

2. krstko

krstko

Aug 29, 2011
    Cerknica, Slovenia
    just take one cable and make it jack-jack ..than cut it a bit somewhere and add another cable

3. I don't really have any cable to cut up... Really was hoping to make a small little box to do it.

4. krstko

krstko

Aug 29, 2011
    Cerknica, Slovenia
    you will need cable, maybe just 10cm of it, but you will need it

5. Skrogh

Skrogh

Jan 28, 2010
    Denmark
    1. Connect all grounds together.
    2. Connect all "hot" - maybe you want to put two resistors in between the input and the two outputs.
    3. Put the jacks in a box.
    4. Done.

Tell me if you need a pic :)