1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need some help valuing a bass...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by blownirocz, Oct 4, 2010.

1. blownirocz

blownirocz

Oct 4, 2010
    Hey all you bass aficionados - I need some help in valuing a bass guitar.

A friend of mine is giving up bass, and has offered to sell me his Schecter Robert DeLeo Signature Model-T. I'm guessing it's early 2000's, has the EMG active pickups, black with white pearl pick-guard, and in good condition. It also has the Robert DeLeo thumbrest installed.

Both of us have been trying to find values for it, but have come up empty thus far (nothing in completed auctions on eBay, e-tailors, etc.). I want to make sure that he gets a fair price for his bass, so I was hoping you guys might have some insight into what it might be worth.

Thanks in advance!

2. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    A Model T? You should get the latest issue of Hemmings to see what they're going for.

Or, read the TB rules and become a supporting member.

3. Tree-fiddy.

4. rules first

5. blownirocz

blownirocz

Oct 4, 2010
    Sorry...don't know what that means. Please clarify.

6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Asking for the value of a bass that you own or intend on selling is limited to supporting members. Asking the approximate value of a bass you intend to purchase is kosher for non-supporting members, so this thread is fine.

7. blownirocz

blownirocz

Oct 4, 2010
    Thank you for the clarification, and confirmation that I had read the rules correctly.

Anyone else have any suggestions for value?

8. blownirocz

blownirocz

Oct 4, 2010
    Bump. Anyone else have any suggestions?

9. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

If you can...via-Photobucket post some pics, that might generate some decent opinions and observations for you.

Plus, we all like bass pics here.

10. About tree fiddy, stupid loch ness monster....

11. edot3021

edot3021

Jan 29, 2010
    Austin, TX
    According to 7 Harmony Central reviews the average price paid is $410 not including someone that got theirs for free. The highest price paid was $550. Aside from the free bass the lowest price paid was $325.

12. mindgrinder

mindgrinder

Dec 13, 2009
    Lesage, WV
    Is this the USA series or Diamond series?

13. blownirocz

blownirocz

Oct 4, 2010
    Hmm...good question grinder. Any idea how I might be able to tell by looking at it? It is marked as such? Thanks!

14. mindgrinder

mindgrinder

Dec 13, 2009
    Lesage, WV
    I really don't know, I'm just getting info from 12th ed Blue Book of Electric Guitars.2009 edition

It mentions the DeLeo model as a subheading for the Model T (USA)
    says it should have 2 vol and no tone controls.
    values ranging from 60% condition $500. to 98% $1350

The Diamond series made from 2003-present has no listing for a DeLeo model.
    should have 3 knobs
    Values range from 250 - 550 for this model.

Hope this helps.

15. Sounds like he has the Korean-built "sig" version, with the Stone Temple Pilots decal on the back of the headstock?

Those seem kinda rare, and were priced higher than the regular passive Model T's with Basslines pickups or Duncan "designed" pickups.

The HC reviews are misleading, as only one of the reviewers has the actual sig model with EMG's. As you can imagine, the EMG's are in a different league than the Duncan Designed pups.

They made some in other finishes, too...

dd63066c.jpg

16. blownirocz

blownirocz

Oct 4, 2010
    Thanks a lot for all the feedback guys. It turns out it is in fact the Diamond Series. Below are some pics of the actual bass (click to zoom, and click to zoom again). Any additional feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks as always!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 25, 2021