Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need some help with cabs....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by learning_towalk, Jul 18, 2004.

1. I'm thikning about holding off a month or so on buying my new cabs...because if I buy em now I can' only afford to get Avatar (which I love avatar, but I'm wanting to try some other cabs)

I'm wanting to get either a 210 and a 115 set up (2 seperate cabs) or a super light weight 410 and 115 (2 seperate cabs)

I'll be running them with a Peavey Cirrus 6 redwood (thanks to humblerumble:D) an Ergo upright, and I'll probly get a Carvin or KSD fretless

The head I'm using is a Traynor YBA200 (200 watts tube)

here's what I'm looking for in my cabs...

-light weight!!! (under 60lbs, like to be under 50 but 60 I can handle)
    -higher output
    -versitle
    -8ohm each cab
    -reliable
    -great sounding
    -quiet
    -I want my rig to move a lot of air

I'm gonna have ~$1000 alltogether to spend on my 2 cabs (i'm absolutely fine with going used)

i'm thinking about the SWR Goliath jr III and Son of Bertha...

but I'd love to know what some other great options are (meeting what I'm looking for)....

I play christian rock (switchfoot esque), jam (phish esque) and I do solo stuff (wooten esque) so I need cabs that will be able to suit all of my styles

thanks for any help

2. hetsscaryguy

hetsscaryguy

May 22, 2004
    Ireland
    used ampegs or mesa's id say if you keep watching ebay they will pop up. i dont know the exact price maybe look in to GK RBH or SBX cabs from www.riksmusic.com he has good prices on GK. maybe ashdown abm cabs are in your range aswell.

3. right now I'm really leaning towards getting a Schroeder 1210....it seems to be everything I want in one cab