1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need some help with electronics...

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by yanick, Apr 4, 2009.

1. yanick

yanick

Mar 18, 2009
    Montreal
    Im trying to restore a cheap P-bass copy that was given to me with great sucess, the only problem I have left is the following:

I followed the seymour duncan standard P-Bass wiring diagram bought pots (250k) a condenser .33 and it seems like the volume and tone pots have no effect at all (the tone work just a little bit but not normally) and the volume not at all, they seem to be bypassed...

What Am I doing wrong any ideas?

2. mikebike

mikebike

Mar 1, 2009
    sounds like a short. maybe to ground.

3. electroken

electroken

Sep 2, 2008
    Shelton, CT
    The value of your capacitor sounds very high to me. A 0.047uF cap is much more typical for a passive p-bass. If you could post a photo of your wiring it would be a lot easier to sort this out.

4. kyral210

kyral210

Sep 14, 2007
    Manchester
    Make sure your diagram is correct:
    [​IMG]

Make sure you have the pots wires the right way round, all connections are solid, and that you have no short circuits.

If all the above is right, and you have followed the above diagram right then you shouldn't have any problems.