Need some HELP with This Song

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by FourStrings88, Aug 20, 2005.

1. FourStrings88

Apr 17, 2003
    Hey hows it going,

My Guitar Teacher wanted me to look up Aersomith`s mama kin on tab to see if I could do it by myself.This song is pretty difficult I think and I think its soo difficult becuase its soo fast.I was wondering if anyone knows of a way on how I could master this song and have it down I amd going to practice and everything but maybe there is a helpful hint or just some encouragment could help lol anything is fine.Thanks
  2. Learn it slow first. That may seem really obvious, but I really can't stress it enough. First, look over it, and listen to the song. Identify the spots that you think will give you an especially large amount of trouble, so you're ready for them. Then play through it with no set tempo. Just get a feel for how you will be moving. After you're comfortable with that, get out the metronome and play it at a veeerrry slow tempo. Once you can play it like that, you can increase the metronome setting a little. Learn to play it like that, turn it up another notch or two, get that right, and repeat until you're at tempo. It might also help to learn it from the end to the beginning, instead of the other way around. That way, when you get halfway through the song you're getting to the part you know best, instead of getting less sure of yourself.
  3. abaguer

Nov 27, 2001
    Milford, NJ
    I'm curious as to why your Teacher is asking you to look up tab. Do you pay him?