need some help

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pinkfloyd, Apr 4, 2001.

1. Ok I bought a jackson cm20mj at guitar center last week. On saturday the bridge pickup must have shorted out or something because it had no sound. I returned it attempting to be my money back on it to save some more cash to buy a better bass, to my dismay the gave me a store credit instead for 329. Now I'm forced to buy a bass from guitar center the most I can spend is 750. The basses I'm looking at that Guitar Center carries is Fender and Warwick. At first I was definatly sold on the warwick but the pickups aren't active and it does have a pre amp, the fender I was looking at is the deluxe acitve MIM jazz bass. Its about a $250 difference in price would the warwick really be worth the money?
  2. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    YES! everyone ive tried theyve had to pry from my fingers before i left the store.
  3. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Get the warwick!!!!!
    The warwick!!
    The warwick!!
    As long as it is not the STREAMER STANDARD.
  4. I'm sorry I didn't say what warwick it is, its the Streamer Standard well the most I can spend is 750, so what do you like about it. And does anyone know how offten scratch and dent warwick corvett standards come around?
  5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

What I don't understand is why they just gave you store credit. Was the bass used or a scratch and dent special?

Guitar Center is supposed to have a 30 day no hassle money back guarantee, and since the bass has something wrong with it, that gives you even more ground to stand on.

I don't understand this at all.
  6. I bought it new, and I said the same thing you said, but the damn store guy said it had to be in the same condition I bought it in even thought it was a faulty piece of ****. After this I will never buy any thing from them.
  7. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Same condition? Did you tell the jerk at the store that in order for it to be in the same condition when you brought it back that it had to be of the same quality that Guitar Center and Jackson supposedly promise?

I'd talk to the manager. Then, if you get nowhere, I'd go to his/her manager, etc...write to the company headquarters if you have to! Make a LOT of noise if they keep giving you flack! The more noise you make, the more they'll eventually try to shut you up!

Here's a story I'll share with you about a dealing I had recently at GC...You know how pushy they can get, right? Well, I was talked into buying a Bass Pod. I took it home and realized in about a week that it was not exactly what I was looking for. So, when I brought it back to the store, the sales clerk asked me what I didn't like about it. I could tell he didn't want to deal with me since he didn't even look up at me when he talked to me.

I looked around and noticed about 4 customers were within ear-shot. I then replied to him loud enough for those other customers to hear, "You want to know what I don't like about this thing? How many reasons would you like?"

Do you know how much service this guy gave me all of a sudden? He stepped away from his other customers, pulled me aside, and said, "Okay, what is it that you're looking for?"

He turned out to be extremely patient with me and focused ONLY on me!

GC is the kind of place that if you don't get what you're looking for, you can push and push and push. Eventually, they'll cave!
  8. ya thank for the tip, if I get time I'll try to make a little noise. I had close to the same experiance with returning this bass. I walked in and talked to this guy and told him what was the problem and how I'd like it to be fixed, the son of a bitch ( I guess thinking he wasn't gunna get a sale) told me to hold on for a sec he had to do something. So I waited for about 10 minutes and then I walked around and found someone eles. Then after I got stuck with the store credit I decided to try out a few higher end basses that I might wanna save for. The first sale guy who left me in the begining come up to me and was acting really helpfull when I was looking like I was gunna buy. It really pissed me off, like I was really gunna buy from him anyway. Sales guys can be real jerks sometime.
  9. I called GC and I'm getting my money back, so now my options are now increased.