Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need some help...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rich600, Nov 25, 2004.

1. Rich600

Rich600

Nov 22, 2004
    Scotland
    Hey, Im thinking about buying an amp/stack to replace my 30watt guitar amp that ive been using for bass for the past few years..(yup) and i like some of the ashdown, trace elliot, ampeg and marshalls but i havent gotta clue which ones are best and the costs etc, just wondering if theres any from these brands that you guys have and would recommend me. cheers
    Rich

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I would definitelly recomend Ashdown. Look at all teh ashdown threads of recent, tehre have been a lot. Ashdown makes a great amp for a great price. Ampeg makes a great amp as well but are more expensive.

How many watts do you need?

3. xb100

xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    Well it depends on where you are playing, how loud you want to be, what music you play and how much money you have.

If you play rock music I'd probobly suggest ampeg a buddy of mine has an ampeg 410HE and an SVT4PRO that runs his 4x10 at 300 watts and he says it's louder than crap.

Ashdown has kind of a smooth articulite sound i suppose.

But if you have a step budget get an ashdown mag300 head, or try and find a used hartke HA3500 the ashdowns are about 300$ 300 watts at 4 ohms the hartke HA3500 is 350 watts but can be had for about the same price used. get an avatar cab or a dr bass cab to go with em also.

You can find more information about these cabs here>>>>
    www.drbasscabs.com
    www.avatarspeakers.com
    Both cab companies are great and sell top of line stuff.