Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need some help

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by JebusChrist, Jun 15, 2005.

1. JebusChrist

JebusChrist

May 23, 2005
    NYC
    ALright, ive got 400 bucks to spend and right now i need something for home use. Im looking for something that lets me plug my bass and a pair of headphones into it, for home practice primarily, but maybe for some recording. Im thinking about either the Pandora or the Bass Pod xt. Maybe even the Boss GT 6 b. but i need some suggestions with which would be the best for practicing at home, without an amp (just headphones). thanks

2. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    EBS Microbass is a very High quality Pre amp that will let you do this.

If you can find one the Zing Preamp by John East is the best I've found for this purpose but they are difficult to find.

Fodera Outboard Pre amp will also do this.

Hope this helps

3. In order to just practice at home, any old preamp will do this, or you could buy a small, cheap combo with a headphone jack. Or, some active pickups are powerful enough that you can just plug headphones onto the bass jack.

If you want modeling, effects, and recordability, I'd take the POD Xt over the Pandora or the Boss GT-6B any day.

4. endlessbassic

endlessbassic

Dec 23, 2004

http://www.philjonesbass.com/PRODUCTS/AMP/BASS BUDDY.htm

5. Hey now, this is a family show!
    :D

6. endlessbassic

endlessbassic

Dec 23, 2004
    Yeah, oopsy.. inadvertant abbreviated hyperlink booty reference =
    IAHBR!

it's a legit link, though.. not to worry.