Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need some help!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Sqeejo12000, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Sqeejo12000

Sqeejo12000 Guest

May 5, 2005
    Lubbock
    I am currently not using any kinds of effects on my bass whatsoever. But when we are recording to my friends computer there was a **** load of pick sound in the recording and the bass was super bright. :scowl: I have an Ibanez SR400 and i have tried tweaking it to not be able to pick it up but it isn't helping that much. Do I need to find a pedal that will mellow it out. Or maybe even ndifferent type of picks?(Just using chepo plastics right now.) And i know i know use my fingers but I severed my spinal cord ten years ago and have had to adapt to playing with a pick because of nerve damage. Any help would be appreciated. :help:

2. How are you recording the bass? Straight into the board, or with a mic'd amp? We need a little more info.

3. Sqeejo12000

Sqeejo12000 Guest

May 5, 2005
    Lubbock
    Sorry it is coming directly to the MIDi board off my combo amp's balanced out. We haven't really tried to mike it because of the room that we practice in. We were waiting for that when we hit the studio in September, but I am wondering if it comes out like this without me reallizing it and i need to rectify this before i get laughed out the studio.

4. My advice would just make the EQ as flat as possible, and if you can, go to passive mode on your bass. When you reach the mix down process, you can EQ the bass anyway you want, cutting or even boosting the clanky highs. Who knows? It might fit the song.