1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need some help...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MetalOwns, Apr 16, 2006.

1. MetalOwns

MetalOwns

Apr 16, 2006
    Hi there I just found out those forums and well i know this must NOT be the first time nor the last time this is going to be asked but I need some suggestions for choosing a bass and an amp but the thing is that im a complete nub at this expect ive read some things like i know most of the parts j/p thingy and such but so i began checking my price range and id say around 500$ canadian so count about 400$ Us and im looking for a 5 string bass to play mostly metal/hardrock kind of music (I know im going to start off smoothly) but still i want something good that can last me a while to get some skills and mayb live things like school shows and suchs. So after looking a while back ive seen this Peavy millenium BXP at steve's music wich is a 5 string like I wanted but I didnt had the chance to test it out but im writing this thread cuz i want some help to choose a good strong bass and an good amp as well (practice amp) and i wanna hear what u guys have to say about that and also other suggestions. Thanks.