1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need some help

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by bassist15, Mar 2, 2008.

1. bassist15

bassist15

Mar 6, 2006
    Indiana
    Im a junior in high school and I play in every music group they have at school. The only thing I can think of doing in college in music and I have a few places in mind. I would really like to join these schools playing string bass. I have been playing for awhile now and am starting to get pretty good on it (I am an electric player for almost 5 years). The only upright bass I have is an electric upright. I am the only upright player in my town and Im not sure what to do. Would a college think I was a joke rolling into an audition with an electric upright. I know I HAVE to get an acoustic upright for school but the next year or so funds are short and I just dont see myself getting one until I get into college in a "bigger" town. I need some help.