1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need some insight

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by koberg, Oct 3, 2013.

1. koberg

koberg

Jul 8, 2013
    Wisconsin
    Hey everyone! I need some really solid guidance on this one. I have a Mesa Boogie 2x10 cab right now. I am looking at making my own expansion cab. Now, my first question is do I go with a 12 or 15. Next what speaker should I then go with? Ready... Go!!!

2. If you really want to build a cab to do with your 210, I suggest trying to build one as close to the 210 you already have. Including the same 10" speakers.

3. smogg

smogg

Mar 27, 2007
    NPR, Florida
    I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
  4. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
  5. There are any number of good designs you could use for a 115 or 112 stand alone cab. The trouble is you won't have any way of knowing how it will interact with your existing cab. This is why it's being suggested to simply get another identical cab-it's guaranteed to work and sound just like a bigger version of what you've got now. Anything else is a crapshoot. Might be great, might suck.