1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need some new cabs to go with my Ampeg SVT-4 PRO - money is no object

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Spikeh, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Spikeh

Spikeh Sex Strings

Hopefully "money is no object" will have got the attention of the real gear heads here :)

I've currently got a Ampeg SVT 810HPC, which I'm going to sell as it's a little too heavy for me.

I do, however, want to get two new cabs with similar tone, and power (in mono bi-amped mode).

This thing is perfect for me, and has a beautiful tone... though I suppose my low B / drop A could sound better.

I've been looking at Ampeg, Ashdown, Mesa, Mark Bass and Aguilar, Schroeder & Hartke but getting my rig to somewhere I can try all of them at once is nigh impossible in the UK.

Any suggestions? I play hard rock and metal, but obviously I like to come through the mix. The more power a cab has, the more headroom I have to play with at lower levels.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Two 410HE's, or any of a million different cabs on the market.

3. JonathanD

JonathanD

Dec 13, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Bergantino 610NV and a Bergantino 215NV. If you get just 1 of them, I say the 610. It will be louder than your ampeg 810 :)
    If you get one cab get 4 ohms. If you get 2 cabs get 2 X 8ohm cabs.

Maybe a 210 cab for practices as well.

4. xampworshipx

xampworshipx

Jul 13, 2008
    if money is no object and you live in the UK get a Matamp stack.