1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need some opinions from those who know both Bergs and Genz

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CharlesHartman, Feb 20, 2008.

1. I just picked up an HT112 a couple months ago and I want to add another cab. At first I was set on pairing it with the EX112. However, I recently played through a Yamaha single 15 pa cab and really liked the extra mmm that I heard. Now I know the HT115 has been discontinued or I think I'd be all over that. So, here's where the Genz Benz comes into question. Would the Neox112 be a fuller, almost "15ish" sounding 112 compared with the Berg EX112? In other words, will the Neox112 pair well with the Berg HT112? I really like the Berg cab and don't want to let it go.

Currently I'm using an Ashdown Mag300, but I will be getting a Shuttle 6.0 here shortly.

I'm playing mostly rock and blues with an SR5 strung with LaBella 750fm's (flats).

Thanks in advance for the input!

Charles

2. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    I found 2 HT115's in the used market very recently.

3. Thanks! I've looked down in the FS forum a few times. However I'm not in a rush and I'd like to try to make this decision just once.

Ideally I'd like to hear them together. My local Bergantino dealer is just now starting to carry the Genz Benz bass gear. So if need be I can wait a bit to test the HT112 and the Neox112 together. I feel pretty certain I won't be disappointed in the Berg 115. But if I can keep the cabs similar in size I think that would be ideal, for me anyway.