Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need some opinions (warwick or fender...)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Trevorus, Feb 24, 2006.

1. American Fender Jazz Deluxe

35 vote(s)
    47.3%
  2. Warwick Fortress One 5

24 vote(s)
    32.4%
  3. Or, just go gnaw on some carrots.

15 vote(s)
    20.3%
  1. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I have the opportunity to get a warwick fortress one 5 string, and I like it a lot! But then, the one on the block for trade is my American Deluxe Fender Jazz. Give me some pros, cons, and which you would pick with some reasons why.

2. pooch0072

pooch0072

Sep 27, 2005
    What kind of music do you play? What tone are you after?

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Well, they both give me fantastic tone. Acoustically, these basses don't sound a whole lot different, but plugged in, the warwick has a signature warwick sound. But, it is very jazz like. I have always wanted a warwick, but I am not sure if I want to give up the jazz to get it. The guy who would be getting it would take care of it, but I still feel sentimental.

I really am about 50/50 here. The one thing I do like is that this warwick is a 5 that is actually very comfy for me. I have never found one that fit, and that is why I have never kept a 5 for long. But this one just fits.

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Ok, I've got some poll results, but does anyone have any reasons...?

5. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    They're both cool basses, and the Jazz is replaceable if you ever want to go back.

6. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    That's what I figured. With my new job, I could pay off my debts, and buy another one like it, or buy my exact one if I can find it!

They don't make the fortress anymore...

7. Well, there's your answer. It's a 5. It's a Warwick. It's the comfort zone you're looking for.
    . Can't ask for a better testimonial than that.

I've got both, a Fender Jazz fretted, and a Warwick FNA Jazzman fretless. Both are 5's. I wouldn't want to part with either one now! I love them both. I'd have a heckofa time deciding on just one, now that I have both. So, good luck, but it sounds to me like you're answer lies in your replys.;)

P. S. I couldn't answer the poll, because I just can't choose between one or the other at this point...

8. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I really want both, as well, but I can;t afford to just buy the warwick.

9. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Are you getting the fortress used? I thought they were discontinued?

10. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    I believe that you just answered your own question....:D

11. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I still feel so apprehensive about it!

12. Just do it, and stop overthinking.

Look:
    In know nothing about this bass, but I bought my favorite bass(Rick 4003) on a whim, just because I played an old 4001 in a music store months before, and loved the tone..I was the 2nd bidder on Ebay, and was glad because I didn't have to spend the money..

Well, the high bidder backed out, and I had to make a five minute decision...

13. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Duh, I didn't see that.
    The fortress will be hard to find, the Jazz will always be around. If the shoe fits...

14. G E T
    T H E
    F O R T R E S S.
    :bassist: :D

15. One of the few Warwicks that I think look cool.

16. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Now everyone is telling me to get the fortress, but there are many more votes for the fender...

17. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Or should I count the carrots as the fortress??\

18. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Maybe some of the people that voted saw your comments and went with play what you think is right when making theirs?

19. I really think that you have a feel of comfort with the Fortress that you haven't expressed about 5-strings until now.
    Just do it, and then blame us later. Like "pickles" said:
    Then you answer back;
    You keep answering your own question, as far as I can see.

Get the Fortress; you'll love it!, and then let us know if we were right, poll be damned!:bassist:;)

20. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    I have yet to ask an opinion on a bass before I bought it. I have 7:help: One of my favorites is a Warwick Katana, which is the one I usually take out of the house with me. They are not winning any popularity contests, and just now have a whole 10 endorsers. I love the thing. One of the best balanced basses I own.
    Forget about the poll.