need some some help please?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by COZ, Jun 24, 2001.

1. I've been playing bass for almost a 10 month. Starting to piece together everything now on how to play. However the one thing i'm still not to sure of is gear. I 've just recently purchased the Ibanez sr800, which i love using. The only thing is that i'm still using a my old amp which i bought at a pond shop. It's alright, but i don't like how i have to max the volume to get it loud. Ofcourse when i do this, my bass sounds like it's farting. I don't know if it's just that my new bass is to good for it, or that it's just the amp has decided to call it quits. Whatever the case, it's time for a new amp. My problem is though i don't really know what i should be looking for in an amp. So i decided to ask around. My band plays a mix between rock and blues, but i also like playing some funky stuff, so i was wondering if there's an amp that can meet me needs. and also wondering if you guys can give me a crash course in what to look for in an amp. It's just that we have a lot of shows coming up, and i want to sound fat, not week. i want that deep bass sound, that i have yet to hear from my amp. so please help!

Bass isn't an instrument it's a gift from god!!!
  2. Will I suggest CRATE its one of the best bass amp Companeys out there they can with stand a lot Amp they build them to last a while I have had mine for like all most 4 years its lasted me expically secne I play Metal and Punk rock it takes a lot out of an amp but Crate is the Brand to get there not to badly priced eather but that is my opinion tho
  3. Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Nice bass. Since I have no clue how many watts or anything about your amp, I'm gonna take a wild guess and say the problem might lie in your active eq. Maybe your bass knob is turned all the way up on your active eq.

Farting sound usually occurs in amps when the bass overloads the speaker. Soooo, having your amp turned up at loud volumes doesn't help that either. With amps, loud volumes = low bass.

Anyway, if you play in a rock/jazz band and want a really heavy bass sound, I would go with the bigger speakers like a 2 15 cabinent which includes 2 15 inch speakers. Also, if you're going to be performing, you're probably going to need around 200W

Hope this answered some of your questions, if you have any more, post em.