1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need some speaker cab advise

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by funkysurfer, May 18, 2011.

1. I currently have a Markbass LM3 pushing an old Peavey 410TX. Love the amp! The speakers sound good too when dialed at my choice setting. Problems with this setup is 1) it's not loud enough and 2) the cab is heavy to transport up & down my stairs.

I wouldn't mind just adding an extension cab to save some dinero and keeping the Peavey. However, I don't really want to mix and match.

When I bought the amp I fell in love with the Markbass Mini CMD 121P combo. This made me consider adding the Markbass Traveler 121H below the Peavey 410TX. I realize the tweeter is different from the combo but not sure if that is an issue.

Here is what I like in terms of sound. Your typical slap tone: warm lows & crisp highs. And, I always scoop the mids on my basses. Well, maybe dial them in a tad once in a while.

I really don't want any coloring in my sound. After all, I bought my Stingray and Precision basses for their true sounds.

Budget: would like to keep it under $1000.

So there you have it. Any recommendations?

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    If a 4x10 doesn't get loud enough for you, either your 410 has issues, or you need to be looking for 610's or 810's.