Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need some suggestions please

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by voleceq, Oct 22, 2001.

1. Hey everyone. I was just wondering what opinion you all might have on what kind of amp I should buy for my 2nd amp. My current amp is pretty bad (10 watts), so I decided to invest on a better amp, probably around 80-120 watts. I don't have too much money to spend but I will welcome any suggestions on amps. Thanks in advance.

2. Look into Carvin

3. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    How much money are you willing to spend? For $479.99 you can get an Ampeg B-100R. 100 watts, gorgeous looks, warm sound, and pretty darned loud. I love mine.

4. Thanks for the info guys. Probably, the most I would be able to spend on the amp is about $500. But I wouldn't really want to spend that much unless I absolutely had to.

5. Ok, 2 amps I have been looking at are the Carvin PB100-15 and the Hartke Kickback 12. I have never actually tried out the amps but from reading the descriptions of them, they seem to be in my price range and they also have what I want. Any additional feedback on these amps or any other suggestions on good amps are greatly appreciated.

6. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    Consider the Gallien-Krueger Backline series.