Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

need some warwick knowledge here!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by vene-nemesis, Jul 21, 2005.

1. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Ok im back in the market for a 5 string bass and im liking the duble buck a lot and specialy its price. I was wondering (since it is really hard to find a 5 string warwick over here) hows the lowB on their cheaper models (and that doesnt mean that they are cheap :D)? and how does that double buck sound?

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Dont really see why you call it cheap, unless you are comparing it to a neck through of some sort, but all warwick B strings that ive played have been super.

3. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Thats why i wrote that that comment doesnt mean that they are cheap...
    Ive heard some corvettes std 5stg in some recordings that sounded amazing but you never know thats why im asking.

4. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I'm surprised a Warwick would be hard to find in Spain since both countries are in the EU. How close are you to a big city like Madrid or Barcelona? I'm sure a $$ would be easy to find there.

5. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    From my experience (albeit limited) with Warwicks, they have very consistent low B's across all their models. Always rather good, especially for 34" scale. The TBer who I bought my Corvette from used to string it BEAD and he said it sounded fantastic that way.

6. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    I said that 5 stg warwicks were hard to find here...

7. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Im waiting for whafrodamus to show over here, you and him post in every single thread bout warwicks :D

8. Except for "Dincrest", I didn't see one single post here that answers or helps this guy. It would be nice if, once in a while, you guys would either put some constructive posts out there when answering a thread, or just stay out! I like to browse the site to learn from other bass players' expertise, not read a bunch of sarcastic junk! Think before you post!

9. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! dont ever say what u think if you r not a supporting member and even worst if you r talking to a supporting member, the admins will ban you like they did to me.
    Well i get your point but yet some answers that werent the ANSWER were somehow useful simply because they have tried a warwick 5 strings.

10. primus_55

primus_55

Dec 28, 2004
    Warwicks are awesome.

Tight B string, love the tone. Sound so sweet.

11. +1

My Corvette is strung BEAD as well and it keeps up with this low tuning very well. Thanks to the long 24 fret neck that is I think.

12. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    :rollno:

Dude i remember you, and i have already told you that the amount of frets has nothing to do with the string tension or being in tune and soundindg nice.

;) .

13. I have a 5 string Thumb NT - I find the B to be very tight in comparison to a fair amount of other basses - like say a Fender J or a Musicman for example, (granted, my thumb is not one of their "cheaper" models).

ps. like vene-nemesis said, number of frets has nothing to do with it...

my thumb has 26 frets, but it is still a 34" neck. A longer neck "usually" gives a tighter string tension, resulting in a tighter sounding note.

14. adouglas

adouglas

Jun 23, 2003
    Bridgeport, CT
    Y'know, there are many brands of high quality decaf that taste just as good as the real thing....

:D

15. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    But nothing is like the real thing.

BTW THREAD CLOSED!!!!!!!!! I DECIDED TO SAVE FOR A THUMB NT. bb and thx to everyone.

16. bugbass

bugbass

Apr 8, 2004
    Norway
    The Thumb B is very good, the Corvette, FNA and the cheapest Streamers are good too.

But try to get an older Warwick in good shape, they are much better than the new ones