1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need some wiring help with an emg b64 eq and emg pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by dmc again, Apr 10, 2010.

1. dmc again

dmc again

May 14, 2006
    Elloree, SC
    Hey guys, I've got an EMG B64 pre-amp that was just kind of lying around that I want to put in my Samick bass. Currently I've got an EMG jazz pickup in the neck position and an EMG35DC pickup in the bridge position. Both are running directly to the input with no knobs. Sounds good but I decided that I actually want some form of control now.

I want to set it up as Vol/Vol/preamp. Would that be possible? And if so, does anyone know exactly how to wire it up? I've done a good bit of wiring before, but only the standard vol/vol/tone stuff. Haven't messed with preamps really. And obviously, both the pickups and preamp are active, so I need to know how the batteries are wired exactly too.

Given enough time, I think I could figure this out, and I've got a wiring diagram that explains the preamp ONLY and not how to integrate it with the pickups. http://www.guitarandampshop.co.uk/acatalog/B30EQ-B64EQ.pdf

But this would go a lot faster if you guys could help me out. Thanks.

2. dmc again

dmc again

May 14, 2006
    Elloree, SC
    this is what i've got so far.... what I think may work.. Any feedback?

diagram.

3. dmc again

dmc again

May 14, 2006
    Elloree, SC
    help?

4. dmc again

dmc again

May 14, 2006
    Elloree, SC
    little help? :(

5. That's correct.

6. dmc again

dmc again

May 14, 2006
    Elloree, SC
    thank you very much for confirming my diagram is indeed correct.