Need some wiring help.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Hookus, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Hookus

Oct 2, 2005
    Austin, TX
    First off, I'm new here. Looked for info here before, but never posted. Thought I looked pretty well for my answer, but cannot find it.

I have a Charvel Surfcaster bass. It uses 2 "J" pups, and has a 3-way toggle, Volume and Tone with a push/pull bright. I have looked at the "J" series parallel mod thread, but I have fewer pots and the three way selector.

I want to change the push pull to series parallel instead of bright, and keep the pot as Tone.

Any advice?
  2. Lyle Caldwell

Lyle Caldwell

Sep 7, 2004
    You can, but that means that in series mode the toggle switch becomes an on/off switch.

The better option is to buy a used Fender S-1 switch off Ebay (get the Tele or P-Bass version so the knob will match your stock knobs) so the toggle switch can be bypassed when in series.

But if you don't want to mess with that, I can send you a diagram. Let me know.

I saw there was an email from you, but I mistakenly deleted it unread (it was in my spam folder, sorry). If there was anything in it besides what's in this thread, please resend and I'll be more careful with it.