Need something to help me fall asleep early tonight

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by IAMERICCOCHRANE, Apr 13, 2003.

1. Ok I have to wake up at 7:00 am tomorrow to goto the DMV. But, I woke up at about 1:00 pm today so i know im not going to be tired by the 10:00 area in which I need to goto bed in order to wake up at 7:00 the next day. I was wondering do any of you have any, I dunno, remedies to help me get tired by 10:00 PM or make me sleepy by then.

No Illegal drugs either (like pot or Alcohol, Im only 17 so alcohol is illegal for me)

Thanks, Peace
  2. hey, do you got any herbs - as in rosemary and the like?

If you role one of those up, I found out that I'll sleep like a dead donkey. :)
  3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Do you sleep with music on usually?

if not) try sleeping to some mellow stuff at a barely audible volume.

if so) then queue up your Cd player or mp3 player or whatever to play for as long as you want to sleep for and stop in the morning when you want to get works as a reverse alarm clock.

I ALWAYS sleep to music, but I sleep to happening **** at high when I set up a reverse alarm system it works extra well.
  4. im with WR on this too!

smooth jazz is awesome for sleeping to!!
  5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    actually...that's just what I recommend to the average person that doesn't regularly sleep to music.....I have evolved and now I sleep to hip hop and fast jazz, and groovy funk and joni mitchell.

all at -50 to-40 decibels :D

6. seriously? I got lots of herbs like rosemary and such, Ill try it.

Wrong Robot, I cant fall asleep if there is any sound or light. Ive tried to listen to calm, smooth music but it kept me up the same if I was listening to Death Metal.
  7. Melatonex. Melatonin is the neurotransmitter your brain produces when it wants you to go to sleep; Melatonex is a whole buttload of melatonin in a little pill. I use it for times when my sleep schedule gets really out of wack, like if I've pulled two all-nighters in a row.
  8. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    whack it before bed.

always does it for me ;)
  9. odie

odie Supporting Member

Oh yeah !!:D
  10. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    thats what I will be taking tonight as well.
  11. odie

odie Supporting Member

Benadryl or Tylenol PM(which is the same as Benadryl plus Regular Tylenol)
  12. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I can fall asleep to any music, from Marcus Miller to Slayer to Ani DiFranco. D.E.P. to Dave Holland, if I like it awake, I like it falling asleep.
  13. Where would I get this "Melatonin" from? Is it perscription or over the counter?
  14. Welp I tried to smoke some rosemary and all I can say is :spit: It was NASTY!!! I did feel kinda
    stoned afterwords, but only for like 2 minutes. Well im off to bed now, wish me luck ;)
  15. Tylenol 3 w/codeine....oh wait, those are prescription for me...NyQuil should work...I would recommend some boring bass line type of music like some Led Zeppelin, Primus, or Rush....

Just kidding on the music!...I'm in a sarcastic mod tonight...Geting of my Alert Status detail....yea!
  16. yea, it's not the nicest stuff to smoke, shoulda probably said so.. hehe, but I felt the same too.. and I did I ever sleep!
  17. lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    Dude, I feel your pain...we just finished the ORI. On top of the usual working twelves and sucking rubber, I got stuck in a ground attack the other night, and had to E&E back home from Hill 180. I ended up curled up in a ball in the dark between a power transformer and a retaining wall behind the O' Club for an hour, while the OPFOR were running around, guns blazing right behind me. I slept for 14 hours straight on Saturday. Who needs Nyquil? Just work til you drop! :)
  18. Benadryl and Dark Side of the Moon. You'll be out by 10:15.:D

Rock on
  19. Read a thick book and listen to Live in N.Y. (Nirvana) in bed. Works like a charm every time.