Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need songs suggestion

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by joeyang761020, Nov 24, 2004.

1. Hi,

I know this is not the best type of music genre, but I have been playing in the pop-punk band for a while now. They have been playing all kind of different songs by several pop-punk band. I am getting really board because the bassline is just too simple. I am just wondering is there a pop-punk band with good bass player? Or any specific song with good bassline.
    Any input would be appreciated.

2. HomeGrown have a half decent bassist, they're pop punk... The Offspring's new stuff is okay too. And a couple of Mike Dirn'ts riffs. Erm....dunno if there's more, i'll think an get back to ya.

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Rancid usually has cool basslines. old Green Day stuff as well.

4. Some of the basslines Fat Mike plays with NOFX (The Idiots are Taking Over, Leave it Alone) are pretty challenging.

5. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Mike Dirnt, Green Day (Longview, When I Come Around, Stuart & The Ave., J.A.R., Welcome To Paradise, etc.)

Matt Freeman, Rancid (Maxwell Murder)

Also, the guy who plays bass for NOFX in 'The Decline'. It's a one song album that's 18 minutes long. There are some pretty cool bass riffs in there.

Graeme