Need sound clips of Nordstrand DCs and Aero DCs!!!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by BASSBOOST, Dec 27, 2005.

1. I was wondering if anyone had any sound clips of Nordstrand dual coils or Aero dual coils??? I am trying to decide on which pickups to get in a bass I will have built.Up here in Canada it's hard to get a hold of any really high end pickups in a bass that you can play. So if someone has sounds clips or can link to some that would make my life so much easier.Thanks,Nik.
  2. Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    I have both in two different basses, but you have to take into account that they will be going through different pre-amps. I have the Nordstrands with the Aggie OBP-3 and the Aero's through the Bart NTMB 3. In addition, the wood choices are different as are the overall construction method.

I'll tell you that the two pickups sound very similar to each other. Given my experiences, I feel like the pre-amps really make a difference in how they sound. I personally like the character of the aguilar better. However, they both have their pro's and con's. The Bart and the Aero DC's are more even sounding, but don't have as much character. I would choose the Nordstrands because of the price. I don't think you can go wrong with either one though...