Need source for straplock buttons...

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Hambone, Dec 30, 2000.

1. I've looked all over for the Schaller strap-lock buttons. You can buy kits for 1 bass all day long but I need buttons for all of my basses.

Anybody got an idea?
  2. MJB

Mar 17, 2000
    I think you're stuck, never seen just the buttons for sale anywhere, don't think they separate them.
  3. And now Jim Dunlop steps up to the plate and hits a home run...

No Schallers for me Hambone, I'm a Jim Dunlop straplocks fan. Dunlop sells straplocks including a set of "original" buttons and sells the other buttons (original, dual design, traditional, flush mounted) separatly. Furthermore I prefer the way the Dunlop straplocks are secured to the strap, it's a better solution IMO.

Schaller buttons can also be bought separatly though, the shop that made my J-bass sells them.

4. Rumblin' Man

Rumblin' Man Banned

Apr 27, 2000
    Route 66
    Fender sells Schaller straplock buttons in a pack of two with two screws. I buy them at my local Fender repair shop. I think remember seeing them in an AllParts display as well.

[Edited by Rumblin' Man on 01-01-2001 at 12:13 AM]
  5. Lance Jaegan

Lance Jaegan

Dec 23, 2000
  6. Me too I would like to find a source for Shaller buttons also so far I have bought six sets and only have two straps. Each new bass requires a whole set to just get the buttons. Dunlaps? have to do battle with them when you want to change basses. The only advantage to buyuing whole sets is to have three straplocks on each strap. I put two on the bridge end of the strap one high and one low.