Need string advise for Conklin 7

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by toms, Mar 14, 2001.

1. toms

Aug 22, 2000
    I know this should be posted in the string section, but I thought I would get more response from this forum.

I'm seriously looking at a Conklin GT7. I cannot find any 7 string packages. Can anyone tell me where to purchase a seven string set? Can I even purchase a seven string set? Any Conklin GT7 users out there? What strings are you using?

I use Blue Steels, Med. Lt on my old Fender P and my StingRay 5.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga

guitar center sells conklin snakeskins strings, which are repackaged Dean Markley sr2000's, in 7 string sets. the only difference is that the snakeskins strings have purple silk, and the dm's have gold.

also, has good prices on a variety of manufacturer's strings, both singles and sets.

i have a few custom conklin 7 and 8 strings ;) , and i use dean markley sr2000's, custom gauges, but not the sizes that come in the regular groove tools sets. i prefer lighter a,d, & g strings and heavier low B and lower strings.

if you need any more help, feel free to email me.

oh, and in the future, please use the proper forum. this post will probably be moved to string by the moderator anyway, whenever he notices it.