1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need Strings?

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by realgone66, Aug 26, 2001.

1. realgone66

realgone66

Aug 26, 2001
    Hey there, I've got a few sets of white nylon core nylon wrapped double bass strings. I'm trying to get rid of them for $40.00(includes shipping). They're great for Rockabilly or Bluegrass and will work with Fishman and Underwood pickups. Strings like these usually go for $70.00. If your interested or have any ques. email me at realgone66@yahoo.com.

2. skacrow

skacrow

Jul 9, 2001
    :confused: does any one know anything about the above posted strings? thanks

3. realgone66

realgone66

Aug 26, 2001
    The nylon strings that I posted are great strings for the price! Labella makes a set thats virtualy the same thing, But the E and the A on this set are nylon as well. So the tension on the neck is much less. they do stretch like every other string on the market. These strings arent acousticly as loud as metal ones but if your running through a decent bass rig or a house PA then you wont even notice a difference. I dont recomend these for jazz bass players, however I do recomend these strings for psychobilly, rockabilly, bluegrass, & honky tonk. By the way they are made by Domino, imported from Mexico. All the mariachis use them.

4. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Realgone,

Welcome to Talkbass. I'm going to leave this thread open for a bit and take this opportunity to mention that spamming is NOT allowed on this board. If it was an honest mistake, no problem...feel free to either delete or edit the above post to remove the SPAM content.

If, on the other hand, you choose to attempt to become the next WYNNGUITARS (an infamous would-be spammer on the BG side of the board), you'll find that sarcasm will pour down like rain every time you post, and life will be quite entertaining for the peanut gallery but not much fun for you. Trust me on that one. What happens next is up to you.

Regards,

DURRL

5. realgone
    This is a marketplace of ideas, not products. You're on the edge.

6. Monte

Monte

Jan 9, 2001
    New Albany, MS
    Just for a difference of opinion, I don't consider this spam. Spam is when you are given unsolicited crap that has no bearing on what you are interested in. Realgone doesn't appear to be a dealer of anything other than a few extra sets of strings. Perhaps it would have been more useful to ask him to post this stuff in DB For sale. I personally appreciate stuff like this; it was something like this that allowed me to try a different set of strings (Velvets) for a reasonable price which I probably would never have tried. IMHO this is a lot different from someone coming on all of the time saying "Buy all your bass stuff from Basswhatever.com". It's a fine line, but I find this a tad harsher than neccessary.

Monte

7. realgone66

realgone66

Aug 26, 2001
    I didn't mean to be rude. I guess I got bad advice from a friend to post on bass forums. I was just trying to get rid of a few extra sets of strings, I thought ya'll might like the oppurtunity to try them. I know a lot of people don't know about strings like these. Sorry, I'm outta here.

8. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Realgone,

The idea is not that we want you to leave...the idea is simply that when a person's first and only posts on a BBS are an attempt to sell something, it tends to look very suspicious. No one was trying to be "harsh" or run you off the board. The appearance of the above posts would have been cast in a different light had they come from an established member who had already taken some time participating in discussions. As far as I'm concerned the thread can stay in case anybody is genuinely interested in the strings. In the meantime, please feel welcome to join in any discussion you wish.

Chris

9. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Geez, and I thought I was playing "Good Cop" with that post....if anybody's interested, I'll be happy to email Paul and request that "Double Basses for Sale" be modified to "Double Basses AND ACCESSORIES for Sale". I don't have any problem with someone selling accessories at Talkbass, but jumping into a discussion forum with "Try these great strings, usually selling at $70, but now for a limited time, you can get them for only $39.99" sure looked like SPAM to me.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over this, but if anyone has any opinions they'd like to share, they are welcome.

DURRL

10. Tim Ludlam

Tim Ludlam

Dec 19, 1999
    Carmel, IN
    You're a hard man Durrl, but that's why the chicks (or should I say "chick") dig you........I thought you were quite appropriate.

Keep up the good work.

11. Chris Fitzgerald

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

Done. Thanks Paul!