Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

need stu hamm tab

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by LeonSteward, Mar 6, 2002.

1. LeonSteward

LeonSteward

Feb 23, 2002
    England
    can someone tell me how to play the hammer by stu hamm or show me a link to the tab....tabcrawler and talkbass/basstabarchive dotn have it :( ...i despartley need ot know how ot play that song cos it just rocks.

2. Murf

Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Ireland
    If you can get your hands on it, check out the 'stu hamm bass book' its got transcriptions (tabs and notation) for most of his best tunes.

3. I think I read in an interview that he transcribed and tabbed the songs himself, too. So you shouldn't need to worry about accuracy (that is, of course, if you can get the book).

Sorry I can't be any real help, I just don't know the tune. :(

4. Murf

Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Ireland
    Apparently he tabbed it himself however (could be a misprint) I found some mistakes in the tab..especially for country music...the transcriptions/notation though seems spot on.

(some of the tab fingerings are pretty awful to)

Leon, I had a quick listen to the hammer yesterday and to be honest the main theme isnt that hard, try putting it on cassette and playing along with the track (by having it on cassette its easier to stop and start to find the notes..) doing it this way will train your ear and its also a lot more fulfilling than learning it from tabs.

let me know how you get on, if your still having problems I'll try and stick up some of the tab to get you started on Monday.

5. LeonSteward

LeonSteward

Feb 23, 2002
    England
    ok thanks, ill try to work soem of it out but my aural perception is pretty lousy...i guess i need the practice at it