1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need suggestions for a new bass cabinet. Please help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Killens84, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Killens84

Killens84 Supporting Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Mississippi
    I'm about to purchase a new bass cabinet, and I need some suggestions for what to get. There are a few guidelines I want to follow though...

I want a 4x10" cabinet, 4 ohms, minimum of 400 watts RMS, and my budget is $700.

Can anyone suggest a good cabinet that fits that description? Right now, my first choice is the David Eden Nemesis N410RS (some places name it the Nemesis RS410). It's a 4x10" cab, 4 ohms, 600 watts RMS, and it's only $479 from a few of the very reliable online stores. Only problem is, it won't be available until October 20.

But I'm open to all suggestions of a good cabinet that fits the description of what I want.

2. christmetal

christmetal

Aug 21, 2008
    well i use a behringer cab and it is 4x10, 1000 watts, 4 ohms
    and it works perfectly for me
    and i only play it through a 300 watt head
    im not even doing it justice
    but yea
    hope this helps

3. Bassmec

Bassmec

May 9, 2008
    Ipswich UK
    Proprietor Springvale Studios
    Well these two posts are a example of the fullest range of performance differential in SPL for 4 X 10 bass cabinet's on planet earth to my certain knowledge.
    Any body want to try to guess the ratio of watts output to achieve the same actual SPL.
    I will start the betting at 2.5 X the amplifier power needed to make the Behringer do the same level as the Eden.
    :ninja:

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    With $700, you should have no problem finding what you seek, but Behringer wouldn't be on my list unless I needed to spend way less money than you've got. And, as mentioned above, the SPL rating is very important, don't buy budget gear unless you have to.

5. I would go with a Schroeder 2-12. Louder than a 4-10 and projects into the room much, much better.

6. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV

7. Killens84

Sep 3, 2008
    Mississippi
    Thank you for the few responses I received. I think I found the cabinet today that I'm going to get. I think I'm going to go with the Traynor TC1510. It's actually a 2x10" and a 1x15" together, with a 1" horn. And I've heard that Traynor makes great equipment, since it's from the Yorkville company. But I've been told that this amp gets the best of both worlds, because you get the tight punch from the two 10" speakers, and the nice low end from the one 15" speaker. Traynor also provides one of the best warranties on the market, but they build their stuff to be almost bullet-proof anyway.

But the Traynor TC1510 is a 2x10" and 1x15", it's 4 ohms, 600 watts RMS, and it's around $550. So I'm thinking this is the one I'll go with. Plus, my amp head is a Yorkville XS400H, so it should go well with the cabinet that's also from the Yorkville company.

8. Blues Bass 2

Blues Bass 2 Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa
    If you don't mind waiting a couple months for your cabinet to be built Dr Bass makes a killer 410 cabinet for about $700.Tilt back wheels and not too heavy.Hand built with bedliner coating too.I've got one of his 310 cabs and it just kills,best stand alone cabinets I've heard or played through.

Avatars are very good for the money too.I had a B410 neo cab and it was also a good pro cabinet,not quite as clear and tight on the low end or as smooth on the highs as my Dr Bass 310 but a very good cabinet overall.The Avatar is a couple hundred less than the Dr Bass 410 and you wouldn't have to wait for it.

Both these cabinets sound better than most other cabs in this price range new and can be bought as a 4 ohm.

(edit)I guess I was typing my reply as you were posting yours.Sounds like a good choice for what you want.

9. JPaulGeddy

JPaulGeddy

Sep 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    Oddly enough, that is *exactly* the rig I have. You will not be disappointed, they match up very well.

10. Killens84

Sep 3, 2008
    Mississippi
    I bought my cabinet this morning. I actually ended up going with the Yorkville XC808, which is the 8x8" cabinet. I gigged with it tonight, and it sounded AMAZING! I didn't think those 8" speakers would get enough low end, but I was wrong. That thing has more low end than you would believe, and it has some super punch to it. It also has a 1" horn in it, with the horn adjustment on the back. It pairs perfectly with my Yorkville XS400H head. The music store let me have it for $600 even, without tax, and it's brand new. They let it go so cheap because it's the Yorkville brand, which was taken over by Traynor. So they're wanting to sell their Yorkville stuff to have the Traynor stuff in there.