1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need suggestions for new Pups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by biohazed, Sep 14, 2008.

1. biohazed

biohazed

Aug 31, 2008
    Philadelphia, PA
    I am looking to get a new set of pups for my Les Paul Standard 5 String. Am Definatly looking for a more growly sound with a nicer reaction and sound than the factory dual rails that are already installed in it.

I was toying with selling it but invested money vs value atm doesn't warrant it so I'm gonna upgrade it and get it to were I want it.

anyway am thinking along the lines of the EMG-40TW pickup but if anyone has a better and cheaper suggestion then i am willing to hear it.

2. biohazed

biohazed

Aug 31, 2008
    Philadelphia, PA
    anyone?

3. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Endorsing artist GENZ BENZ/HERCULES STANDS/XSonics
    what don't you like about the originals? What kind of tone are you looking for? What do you think a pickup change would do for your sound?

4. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Also depends what you consider 'growly'. That word is a vague buzz-word that's different to almost every player here on talkbass.

5. biohazed

biohazed

Aug 31, 2008
    Philadelphia, PA
    the pick ups that are in it now are weak at least compared to my PL5050. I guess i am trying to get a sound and balance closer to the PL5050 with the stock Ibanez soapbar style Pickups. I guess the best thing i can do to explain it is to say i want something with a better bottom end (the b string does not register as well as the other strings), louder overall output