1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need suggestions for vacation itinerary

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by GretschWretch, Jul 12, 2019.

1. GretschWretch

GretschWretch Supporting Member

Dec 27, 2013
    East Central Alabama
    Hello all,

Every August I visit my daughter in Berwyn Heights, MD, and our custom has become to day-trip out to local smaller towns just for antiquing and atmosphere. We've done almost everything along Us 11 from Lexington through Hagerstown, as well as Richmond and Fredericksburg in VA, Ellicott City, Frederick, and Point-le-Havre in MD, and Gettysburg and Jim Thorpe in PA.

My visit this year is scheduled for the first week of August and . . . we've run out of ideas for places to visit. We're looking for places similar to Berlin, MD or Shepherdstown, WV -- from southern NJ (no Camden or Jersey Shore) on through Delaware down into MD. Small-town America. OLD small-town America. We are open to suggestions.

Keep in mind that the principal driver for these excursions will be someone for whom among the most terrifying words in the English language are "Blue Ridge Parkway," so no narrow, twisty mountainous roads if you please (WV, I'm looking at you).

Not quite a year ago I asked TB for advice on a travel route to Stony Brook, Long Island for a professional conference, and the membership came through big-time. It was a totally stress- and hassle-free experience. I have high hopes for suggestions received this time around.

2. Winslow

Winslow

Sep 25, 2011