Need suggestions on best tuning machines.

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Steven M., Dec 5, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Steven M.

Steven M.

Nov 28, 2015
    Hi there,
    I just picked up a fretless Pbass neck from 78 w/o Tuners. I want to install high efficiency tuners on without breaking the bank. Any thoughts on Hipshot?? or? Right hand bass

2. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY

You can't beat Hipshot. They will fit perfectly in the existing holes just pick the correct model which is HB2. You simply will not be disappointed.

iiipopes likes this.
  3. redboy1975

redboy1975

Apr 24, 2011
    Sorrento
    I only use Hipshot , you can't go wrong with them .

Zooberwerx likes this.
  4. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    There are dozens of different tuners that will fit, Hipshot is among them, but priced a bit high for my tastes. They do have a high tuning ratio though and that may make a difference to you. I find 20:1 to be more than adequate. YMMV

5. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 17, 2010
    Houston Tx
    Owner/Builder @Hopkins Guitars
    Hipshot is the highest quality IMHO and the price is worth it.

Wilkinson is probably the best price to quality ratio on the market but you may not find them to fit your screw pattern.

6. nerkoids

nerkoids

Jan 3, 2014
    Montreal
    I think the Wilkinsons might fit. They were designed to replace the 70s-era tuners.

They're not terribly expensive, you won't be out by much if you try them first. Good tuners.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021