1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Need Suggestions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Moebius7, Jul 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Moebius7

Moebius7

Sep 19, 2016
    Hey guys,

So I'm in the market for some new cabs. I've currently got a pair of 4x10 cabs, and I think that I'm wanting to change over to 12s. I'm using a custom 400 watt tube head that's something of a cross between an SVT and an Orange AD200, so lots of grit. I'm really wanting a kind of vintage type tone, and I don't necessarily need a lot of top end (I play in a band with two guitarists and a keyboard player).

I'm thinking the Bergantino NV412T, and I've been talking to Sean over at Tyrant Tone as well. But I'm definitely at a bit of an impasse right now, and could use some guidance.

2. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    What's your max budget?
    Which amp are you using?

How about a vertical 4x12? Two stacked 2x12s.

Revsound cabs might fill the bill. Call the builder, David to discuss your needs.

3. Moebius7

Moebius7

Sep 19, 2016
    I've got a custom Verellen Meatsmoke with a 400 watt power section, and I'm not super worried about budget so long as it isn't legitimately unreasonable.

And a vertical 4x12 would be rad.

4. PJFlatts

PJFlatts

Sep 4, 2014
    Nevada
    Get two TecAmp S212s, modular flexibility and stackable for your vertical 4x12

bassbooty likes this.
  5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    That cab should work well for you, given your tone goals.