Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

need suggestions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RedGrange, Oct 31, 2001.

1. RedGrange

RedGrange

Jun 11, 2000
    Springfield, IL
    I'm looking for a small practice amp, or headphone amp.... I don't want to go with crate or ampeg....

Peavey... maybe

Something with 12's or 10's would be great.

Does anyone have one of those Fodera practice amps.... or similar style things

2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

A Korg PX3-B Pandora - dandy little box for headphones at 2a.m. or in a hotel room. Lots of cheesy effects, up to 16 seconds of sampling from recordings/stereo/radio with bass cancellation and variable slow down capability to learn lines and play along.

It also has a so-so tuner, a bunch of variable tempo drum patterns, metronome, and 50 slots for effects you put together in addition to 50 factory presets. I don't use it as an effects unit with an amp, but you can (not a stomp box, though).

The Fodera looks interesting, too, given their rep.

3. I just picked up a new Fender Bassman 25. Has inputs for a CD player so you can play along and a headphone jack for quiet practicing. Check 'em out.

4. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    I liked the Kickback-12 for practice. The speaker on the 15 is too dull though.

5. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i'd go with the fender bassman 25.

6. The Peavey MicroBass or, if you want a little more power, the Minx 110

7. istaticl

istaticl

Nov 29, 2000
    Prescott, AZ
    I'd go with the bassman too. They are pretty good amps and you can get them real cheap.