1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need sugguestions for small portable combo amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fleafan7159, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Yea so im looking for a small combo that still has good tone, well as good as it can be for a small one. I was checking out one at GC the was an Acoustic 10w with like a 6in speaker and it was like one hundred bucks new. Im open to suggestions for other small ones but i need something under or at one hundred bucks. that includes used as well of course. Im used to GK tone so something in that neighborhood would be good but im willing to sacrifice some tone for a low rice cause this would be like a little jam am i could bring around with little effort.

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Forget suggestions, just go out and play with any amp available to you within your price range, and buy the one that you think sounds the best. it's just that simple.

3. haha yeh the acoustic one i mentioned is the only one at GC at the price i need, so yea. And i haven't really been able to try any used ones.

4. And I

And I Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Witchtown, MA
    I have an acoustic B20. it's fine for a practice amp... 20 watts with a 12", and it was $100 at GC. surprised the B10 is the same price...

5. oh really! nice i was just checkin the GC site and the B10 is $100, ive never seen the B20 there but if it is the same cost i'd take it. so u think the B10 would be a decent practice amp:confused:

6. ended up getting a new acoustic B20 on eBay for $97 shipped. so yea...