Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need SWR WM210 port size

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by giantjerk, Oct 21, 2003.

1. giantjerk

giantjerk

Jan 18, 2003
    Allen, TX
    Can someone tell me the size of the slot port on the SWR Workingmans 210 cab?

I need the length, width & depth dimensions.

Thanks,

Steve

2. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Are you building a replica?

3. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    yippee, another TB DIY project....

We want updates, we want pics, we wanna build it with you!

Are you using the same drivers as the original cab (PAS I believe)?

4. giantjerk

giantjerk

Jan 18, 2003
    Allen, TX
    I've got two eminence drivers, I like them better than the stock drivers, and a different tweeter.

I'll post photos as soon as I get the cab finished.............which includes the dimensions of the port

Anyone? Someone must own one of these cabs.

5. If you already have Eminence drivers, you don't need the SWR porting for PAS drivers. The Eminence stuff is fully worked out for you already. I have them all in my spread sheet.

6. giantjerk

giantjerk

Jan 18, 2003
    Allen, TX
    I downloaded the perfect box 456 from your website but I get the following message

Sorry, I cannot find a BOXDATA4 file there!

Would you like to create a new BOXDATA4 file using this path? ==> \perf456\
    y/n (no is the default) ?

Any suggestions?

7. PerfectBox is way outdated, but it does work. It is asking you to create a new database.

Use WinISD instead.

My spread sheet has all the data worked out for Eminence drivers.

8. giantjerk

giantjerk

Jan 18, 2003
    Allen, TX
    I have used WinISD. The box dimensions it gives are pretty big, like 26" X 40" X 16" or 7.635 cubic ft of volume.

Your spread sheet shows only 1.6 cubic ft needed. (Eminence 10307)

9. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    hmm.. According to WinISD online, the volume for a box with 2 of those drivers is 73.66 litres (2.6009 cu.ft).

Thats 1.3 cu.feet per driver, compared to Bruce's 1.6. I'd say that difference between my figures and Bgavins is that I've used flat alignment, he's used SBB4?

Either way, 7.637 cu feet sounds wrong.

10. giantjerk

giantjerk

Jan 18, 2003
    Allen, TX
    Petebass, you are correct, the 1.6 figure was under SBB4.

2.6 sounds much better. I'm hoping to knock out the cabinet this weekend.

This is off-topic but I see you are in Australia. Last year I attended an Australian wine and beer tasting event while I was in Cambodia. It was fantastic. The Cambodians have a domestic beer named Tiger that is unbelieveably good. The worst part is that they do not export it.

11. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    :) I was at an Australian Wine festival just last weekend - on the beach at Curl Curl. Great wine, Great band playing (Brothers of Oz), great bass player (Craig Calhoun), great PA mix (new age Dynacord FOH speakers - that surprised me).....

Back on topic, those speakers are 8 ohms each. So you're looking at a 4 ohm load if you wire them in parallel, or 16 ohm load if in series. What's the plan? Is this an extension speaker or a stand-alone? What amp are you planning to use to drive it?

12. giantjerk

giantjerk

Jan 18, 2003
    Allen, TX
    I am currently playing through a SWR 350X head and a SWR WM410 cab.

I have had these Eminence speakers sitting around for sometime now and have been meaning to build a cabinet. I also have a 15 sitting around here somewhere too that I am going to build a cab for. I already have the dimensions for the 15 cab. Its quicker to build two cabs at the same time. This way I'll have a 210, a 410, and a single 15 that I can mix and match as needed.