Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need ta vent...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bob Clayton, Oct 10, 2002.

1. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    every year my church has a big thing for Halloween, games, candy, all that fun stuff...and this year the church wanted us to playa 30-45 minute set, so we said yes, this was back in august...so w've been practicing and writing songs since then...and we are practically ready except for one song we have to get the ending down better...

but then...

at youth group last night, we were gonna start doin other stuff for it, skits, and other stuff...when my youth leader finds out that only 6 people want to help...out of about 35...the rest of em want to just sit on their @$$ on halloween...so we had to cancel the whole thing....my band won't get to play...this would have been our first REAL show, as in more than 3 songs...

so im gonna ask everyone else what the he** they have better to do other than just chill and get free candy...the couple people i already talked to sed they were just gonna "chill" at home...one person sed there were sorry that my band won't be able to play but they don't wanna help out because "they don't feel like it"

needless to say we are very dissapointed...we were gonna have everything...a video of the whole show...we were gonna have it recorded to make a live cd...and we had some mech ready to sell...all gonna go to waste for now...

i really don't like people right now...

bp13

2. With the words Chuch, Youth Group, @$$ and he** all in the same post, I'm not sure you should be so upset.

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    why would a chistian church celebrate a Pagan holiday with a festival?

and sorry about the canceled gig... why not go out and find or create another one. lots of little Fall things go on, how about school, any chance of playin at a dance or something

4. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    That sucks about the gig. People can be such a pain at times.

A lot of the bands around here play at the local Q-zar every Friday. I've seen some pretty popular (local) bands play there as of late. Maybe try to set something up like that with two or three other bands. Hope that helps.

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Aaahhhhh, yes. Teenage angst. I miss it. Like a boil on my ... (you pick the anatomic feature).

6. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    Because they feel it is safer for the children to all be at one place then running around and risk being injured or worse.

7. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    You gonna spend your time here pissin' and moanin', or are you going to go out and get yourself another gig.

8. Its interesting... here in Australia we get one kid knock on the door "gimme lollies.. its halloween" and yet over in the States its a big thing.... If i wasover there.. i'd be at home playing bass. lol

:D:D

Merls

9. haha
    yeh I know.
    we had our first trick or treater last year. I was confused and had nothing to give him. He ended up with a banana. He wasnt happy:D

10. Bob Clayton

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ

actually we just got another gig at this girl's party...its about a week after halloween...

bp13

11. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Good times. :cool:

12. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

w00t! congrats

13. Fermunda.

14. Yeah you should see the look on the poor kids face when he gets a couple of Minties and a Potato... :p

:D:D

Merls

15. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD

A potato? A POTATO!?!?! You gave a kid a potato on Halloween!?!?!?!

If you did that in America, your house would get egged and toilet papered....

16. Bob Clayton

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    or it could get paint-balled....ummm....long story....nevermind....i wasn't involved in any paint-ballings of any house that i didn't like:D

bp13

17. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Uhhhhh, I don't think the Halloween we celebrate in 2002 has much to do with the Halloween that they celebrated hundreds of years ago, do you?

;)

EDIT: I don't know if I'd have much of a problem with getting a potato or a banana. I sure as hell hated getting that Ziploc baggie full of pennies though! Or a toothbrush! Anyone but me ever get a friggin' toothbrush?