Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

need tab

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by jason campbell, Jan 13, 2002.

1. i need tab for the short solo that fades in then back out before N.I.B by black sabbath.

2. moved to general instruction, for both subject matter and the fact that i don't want to moderate the inevitable "you're a moron" comments...

3. you know what i just became a member. i didnt know where to put the question and i appreciate you moving my post to the appropriate area but whats with you dude

4. alot of people on this site are anti-tab. and if he didn't move it for subject matter.. then we woul have a 4 page long thread on anti-tab lectures

5. i understand but reguardless tab is how i play and that is what i need if anyone could help i could move on in my quest to perfect that intro thank you

6. well it goes E-E-D-B-G-EhammerD-GhammerA-Abend-A-G-E D-B-G-E-D-A-A/B-E-Ebend-E-D-B-A that's all you really need to know and then just improvise off of those notes, and then add the G-E at the end.

DON'T FORGET THE WAH AND FUZZ!!!!!!!

7. I did not call you a moron. i simply predicted that others would.

8. It doesn't have fuzz, unless your thinking of the Primus version.

9. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    ...sigh...

10. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    It's ok, TOFU, just breathe.......

11. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    My brain hurts.

12. Pacman

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    maybe, in addition to chewing his food for him we could fart for him, too.

13. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    HAHAHA

you guys crack me up:D

14. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Jason,

I didn't officially welcome you to Talkbass, and I apologize for that. So, Welcome to Talkbass.

The greatest thing about Talkbass is that it's almost like a community, but it's not an exclusive one. We take all kinds here, even those that don't listen to jazz :D. But, this is very much a teaching and learning website. I try and help anybody I can, in part just to pass on the tradition of help that I've received from such TB immortals as FUQUA, DURRL, PACMAN, JT, JORIS, EMBELLISHER, GARD, and JW-- er, where was I?

Ah yes, I mention this because this place has a history of, how shall we say, heated, discussions regarding the use of Tab. Now, I'm not interested in getting into that with you, you've stated you like them, so no big deal. I wish you the best. But, what is hard to tolerate is when people expect others to do the work for them. See, if you can't find the Tabs, and you've checked the Tab section of TB, which I understand to be quite extensive, and you've looked all over the internet, they probably don't exist. (Which is a bit of problem with tabs). That being said, essentially you're coming into an established, symbiotic, community and asking us to do work for you while you, as far as we're concerned, sit on your tush and play Magic or something. That's what the hub-bub is about. See, you can't just walk into a room of musicians, which in some crude ways TB is like, and just say, "Hey you guys, do this for me." See, that will be met with resistance.

That being said, I hope you stick around Talkbass, and become an active and regular user/poster, but at the same time please understand that we will help you and hold your hand through it, but we won't do it for you.

Oh, and where's West Chester? I'm from Youngstown.

15. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

Ugh...YOU can fart for him if you want, but I draw the line at holding the spoon over his open mouth. Once digestion begins, I'm outta there.

16. Pacman

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Hey cool!:cool: I'm immortal!

17. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    HEY! how'd you get billing over ME!!! :mad:

must be the fact that you actually make MONEY from your playing. :( :rolleyes: :D

18. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

EL-CONK-BONG,

Nah, it's because he plays a REALBASS now. Hey, Ray Brown only needed four strings.... :)

19. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga

oooo, dems fightin' woids. so...

uh...

well...

yeah.

:rolleyes:

20. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    Music is too important to make money from it.

Jason

welcome to the board.

Jazzo has eloquently highlighted the tab problem.
    I would suggest that you train your ears to do the work for you. Yes its hard work. Yes it takes time. Yes you may get stuck. I suggest that you would get much more positive response if you kept 'tab' out of the post and proved that you have worked on the piece. eg I ve got most of it but where does it go at this point?

See you around