1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

need tapping help

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by bommer, Apr 24, 2010.

1. bommer

bommer

May 13, 2009
    Canada, Eh!
    hello, i was wondering on how to improve my tapping, i have a youtube link underneath of a really rough thing i just put together.
    I would like to know ways to make all the notes from taping to be completely clear.

any help such as exercises or criticism, anything is appreciated.

2. Broadbent

Broadbent

Mar 28, 2007
    Well if you want them to be clear you're going to have to slow down. Sounds like you're doing a lot of linear type tapping(all on the same string) So my advice would be try branching out and doing some more complex two hand stuff I always really liked this video

also you might want to try putting a hair band on the neck just behind the neck to damper the other strings while you're tapping.

hope this helps

3. bommer

bommer

May 13, 2009
    Canada, Eh!
    alright thanks. and Wooten is the man, love classical thump

4. Sharpie555

Sharpie555

Nov 27, 2007
    Just wanted to say thank you so much for the hair band tip. I was getting all kinds of noise from strings that i wasnt tapping. that was actually the problem i came to this forum to ask about, but i read this first and its a really simple and effective fix