Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need tickets...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Selta, Aug 8, 2005.

1. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Ok, so my friend and I are planning on going to Hershey Park sometime soon... but tickets there are like $40/ea. I had a friend tell me that there were places online that I should be able to get them cheaper than that... but after about an hour of looking around, I haven't found squat on it. So I was just curious if anyone out in TB land knew of where I could get tickets for Hershey Park for less than $40 a shot. Hopefully someone does!

-Ray

2. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Last time I went to Hershey Park was around 6 years ago. We got tickets at Giant grocery store for $23. I don't know how much the price has gone up since then, or how big the discount was, but I'm pretty sure regular price was close to $30 at the time. They are pretty much located throughout central PA and there are a few in and around Hershey.

Edit: Link

But I couldn't find any info on it.

3. Giant is also in MD,Represent!

4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Hey, thanks for that link, but I don't have a Giant anywhere near me it seems (or at least I can't find one?). Anyone else have any ideas?

-Ray

5. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

They use to have discounts on Coke (Soda) Cans.

6. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Try sending them an e-mail to see if they still carry them. I bought mine several years back at the customer service desk. If I'm in one within the next few days and remember, I'll ask.

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Yeah, I should be back there at this very moment. I was supposed to hook up with you Ray. I got a new job on Friday that I could not pass up. I had to cancel my trip. :(

My parents are back there tonight with my niece and nephew. They got three day passes for $72 each.

-Mike

8. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    It's cool Mike, we'll get together eventually - you only live across the U.S. :smug:. Glad to hear about the new job though bro, congrats!

-Ray

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Yes, we will. I need to get back to Altoona before the end of 2006 when my uncles house is plowed under for the new freeway. I spent alot of my life growing up in that house that my grandpa built himself.

-Mike

10. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Wow, where's that at? I didn't know any freeway work was going on over there... I know of the 22 project, and the 219 project... didn't know any Altoona ones. Just drop me a note when ya fly over... we'll jam, heck, maybe we'll even setup a GTG.

-Ray

11. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I'm sure he's talking about I-99, which will run through my (landlord's) backyard, as well.

12. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    I didn't realize there was work going on on I-99. *shrugs* oh well. Hope not too many people are losing homes over it!

-Ray

13. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Construction is somewhat suspended due to acid rock drainage not too far from my place. A good part of I-99 isn't even built yet.

14. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Haha no way? I think I might've heard something about that... I guess that's what happens when you're gone 9 months out of the year though. That's PennDOT for ya :rolleyes:.

-Ray

15. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Indeed.

My uncles house is right across the street from Blair County Ballpark where the Curve play.

-Mike

16. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Right across the street as in 'I could've parked on his lawn for a Curve game?'

17. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Yeah, or in his driveway. If you bring some iced tea, and BBQ, you can probably sit on the porch and watch the game with my uncle. :D

-Mike